post conviction relief cleveland oh

If you have a child with someone you are not married to, the juvenile court holds jurisdiction over your custody agreement. In order to initiate a shared parenting or visitation agreement in juvenile court, one party must go to the juvenile court and file a case requesting visitation. While there are standard agreements, anything can be negotiated in these cases. If an agreement is unable to be reached between the parties, a trial can ultimately be held. As with any case in juvenile court, the ultimate goal would be a custody or shared parenting which is in the best interest of the child. Custody cases are perhaps the most contentious cases in the entire justice system, and it is extremely unwise to attempt to find the best interest of your child without an attorney. It is important to remember that in order for a shared parenting agreement in juvenile court, there must be a child support order in place.

We are here to help. Call Mary Catherine Corrigan at 440-840-9101.

For more about child support click here.